Join us for the next Art : Dialog meeting on Sunday, February 17 from 11:00 am–3:00 pm. This is an opportunity to gather with other Detroit-area artists to talk about “all things art” and to share what we seem never to have time to discuss with each other. The meeting is free and open to anyone with an interest in connecting with other creative spirits.
The featured discussion topic for this session is “Creative Inspiration”:
- How do you start a new piece of art?
- Where do you get the inspiration for a subject?
- Have you drawn from or re-interpreted the work of other artists?
- Do you keep a journal of ideas or subjects?
There will be ample opportunity, too, for casual conversation and discussion of other topics:
- Professional art practices
- Studio equipment, tips and techniques
- Exhibitions to enter or must-see shows
- What’s on your bookshelf worth reading
If you choose, please bring one or two pieces of your work to share with us or to receive gentle feedback from other, like-minded artists.
We will be meeting at Color | Ink Studio, located at 20919 John R Rd. in Hazel Park—two short blocks north of 8 Mile on the west side of John R at the corner of George Ave. The entrance is on the south (8 Mile) side of the building, with ample parking in the lot and additional parking available on the side streets. Coffee, tea, water and light snacks will be available.
Please RSVP by registering so we can be sure to have enough seats for everyone who attends.